ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] V5 to V6 upgrade using media

2014-04-01 19:16:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] V5 to V6 upgrade using media
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 19:15:00 -0400
Anyone done a migration using tape media in a library? I have a customer on
AIX using ab IBM 3584 library with LTO5 drives. This library is fibre
attached and also zoned to the new Linux V6 server. I would like to use the
media method and not the network with this hardware. Is that possible?
Anyone done it? Gotcha's? How does the extractdb know what is a scratch tape
in the library inventory?

Bill Boyer

"You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when
you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest
of the day. " - ??