ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] server takes long time to connect to via admin or backup client

2014-03-31 09:00:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] server takes long time to connect to via admin or backup client
From: "Dury, John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 09:00:10 -0400
This is a weird one and I have opened a pmr with IBM but I thought I would
check with you all and see if anyone had any ideas what is going on.
I have a TSM 6.3.4.300 server running on RHEL5 with all the latest maintenance
installed, and when I try to connect to it via an admin session, either locally
from within the server via loopback (127.0.0.1) or remotely using an admin
client, it seems to take several minutes before I connect and get any response
back. SSHing into the server is almost immediate so it's not the OS. The server
is not extremely busy and this happens when it is doing almost nothing and is
very consistent. I have an almost identical TSM server that does not have this
problem at all. I can immediately connect via an admin client and I immediately
get a response. I have compared both the dsmserv.opt files on both servers as
well as the /etc/sysctl.conf files and nothing seems to be out of place. I
don't see anything odd in the db2diag.*.log file either. I'm just not sure
where else to look or what could be causing this but it is definitely affecting
backup performance since the backup clients can take several minutes just to
connect to the server.
Ideas?