ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question about TSM 7.1 Node Replication

2014-03-24 19:50:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question about TSM 7.1 Node Replication
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:46:05 -0400
Hello Folks:

I've been searching all day, but haven't been able to find an answer on my
own yet.

Is anyone using Node Replication on TSM 7.1?

I am tasked with coming up with some sort of disaster recovery solution for
TSM 7.1 -- we are currently running server v6.2, and I want to take this
opportunity to come up with something a little better.

I have all the infrastructure necessary to setup a pair of TSM 7.1 servers,
and am thinking that Node Replication will satisfy most of the requirements.

The one thing I can't figure out is this -- say the worst happens, and the
source server (primary) is destroyed.  Now I have a read-only target
server, from which I can restore my servers...  but, is there a way to
convert this target server into a source server as well, so I can start
using it to backup my surviving and restored nodes?

Part of recovering from a disaster, is being able to continually protect
data, especially of surviving and restored nodes.

Best regards,

Mike Ryder
RMD IT Client Services