ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving the TSM DB2 database (AIX)

2014-03-21 09:14:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving the TSM DB2 database (AIX)
From: "Ehresman,David E." <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:11:15 +0000
I've used migratepv to move oracle DBs around with no problems.  I would not
expect any issues with using LVM mirroring or migratepv to move the TSM DB.
That is what I would do in your situation.

But your comments about taking days to backup and restore your TSM DB worries
me.  How long does it take to backup your DB?  I have a 600G allocated/415G
used TSM DB.  It backs up in under an hour and restore time is about the same.

David Ehresman
University of Louisville