ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Medium Server Sizing

2014-03-18 19:20:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Medium Server Sizing
From: Harmeet Sian <Hsian AT THEMISSINGLINK.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 23:18:13 +0000
Hi all,

I've been reading through the latest "TSM - Blueprint and Server Automated
Configuration for Linux x86 Version 1.2" guide (and it looks like some of the
regular contributors on this forum had a hand in it - *thank you* - I'm finding
it very helpful).
On page 13, Table 12, I've noticed that the filepool is made up of 39 x 1TB
volumes presented from a v3700.

Was this due to any limitations on the v3700 and its configuration? Or maybe a
Linux best-practice?
I'll be using Windows 2012 connected via 8gb FC to a Netapp with ~60TB across
~50 spindles and I'm just wondering whether there would be any benefit to
creating 40-odd volumes of 1TB instead of just creating a handful of ~10TB
volumes instead.

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Harmeet Sian  SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER

________________________________

The Missing Link Network Integration Pty Ltd

9-11 Dickson Ave Artarmon NSW 2064

1300 865 865

os

+61 2 8436 8585

themissinglink.com.au<http://themissinglink.com.au/>

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this message in error please notify The Missing Link
immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Missing Link.

This email has been scanned by The Missing Link's Email Security System -