ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DBSnapShot Failure for DR

2014-03-17 17:06:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] DBSnapShot Failure for DR
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:05:24 +0000
Hi................

We have been using the TSM system since 1998.  It is the first time that we had
a DBSnapShot tape failure.  Tape failure was ANR8944E KEY=03 (media failure).
We use the following script each working day of the week.

Ba db dev=lto4tape t=DBSnapShot wait=yes
Move drmedia * source=DBSnapShot -
Wherestate=mountable tosate=vault remove=yes wait=yes

My question is how do we sent another DBSnapShot tape w/o waiting for the next
day to run this script??  We have always worried about the day when a
DBSnapShot tape would fail and it has come.

Anybody's thoughts??