ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] What is the name of the V7 Linux installation package?

2014-03-13 15:34:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] What is the name of the V7 Linux installation package?
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:31:55 -0400
[rant on]
First off, I want to say how much I hate the new V7 installation package
process.  It seems IBM is expecting everyone to use a GUI interface and the
"console" version has become even more cumbersome.  We don't all have
console/GUI access and getting into GUI mode and root via sudo requires a
multi-step process and is a pain.
[rant off]

Second, I used to be able to "ps -ef | grep TIV" to find the TSM server
package names and versions.  This no longer work.  So, now what is it
called?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator