ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to perform Monthly NetApp Fullbackups

2014-03-13 10:14:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to perform Monthly NetApp Fullbackups
From: Michael Roesch <michael.roesch AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:12:49 +0100
Hi there,

we currently use the Snapdiff functionality to perform incremental backups
of two filers we have and perform a "-createnewbase=yes" backup to catch
possibly missed files.

We now need to backup the volumes of our filers on a monthly basis as a
full backup and keep those on tape for 20 years.

Does anyone have a suggestion how we best could achieve that? Perform
selective backups of the filer volumes? Or maybe a diferent method?

Any hint is appreciated

Regards,
Michael Roesch