ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving Oracle and DB2 nodes between servers.

2014-03-13 06:14:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving Oracle and DB2 nodes between servers.
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:11:44 +1100
Thanks for the thought Rick, but Oracle needs to write its logs on
demand so we can't have the client unavailable for the days it will take
to export/import

Regards

Steve.

On 11/03/2014 10:55 PM, Rick Adamson wrote:
Have you considered performing an export node to the new version 6 TSM server.
While the export is running disable the client's access so RMAN cannot purge
the old data from its catalog.
Once the export is done re-enable the client's access

-Rick Adamson
904.783.5264