ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What is the newest client version supported on Windowsserver 2003?

2014-03-07 18:10:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What is the newest client version supported on Windowsserver 2003?
From: Shawn DREW <shawn.drew AT US.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:07:21 +0000
The "Remote Client Agent" is not relevant to performing scheduled backups,
which would make sense that the reporting says the job is successful.  Are you
saying there is another reason to believe the db backups are failing?

Otherwise, this error just indicates that the webclient wasn't started, which
shouldn't affect anything other than the web client (The java client that
listens on port 1581 (by default))

I run into this error when I have "MANAGEDServices webclient" in the opt file
but I didn't install the remoteagent (dsmcutil install remoteagent...)  I
usually don't use this client and just remove the "webclient" from the optfile
to suppress the error.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.