ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] out of TSM compliance period question

2014-03-05 14:38:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] out of TSM compliance period question
From: Mark Blunden <mark AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 06:36:01 +1100
The IBM requirement is a true up once a year, on your renewal anniversary.

However, TSM license are perpetual, which means they never expire, or never
stop working. The renewal process allows you to call support in the event
of an issue, and also allows you to download new versions and fixes.

If you are migrating from one machine to another, you do not have to buy
licenses to cover both machines. IBM allows you to exceed your license
count in this instance as you will eventually remove the old one after
migration. I think you have 3 months to migrate, but that number may be
wrong.

If you are using the old PVU license method, then obviously newer machines
generally have larger core counts, and thus incur a higher value.
If you are on the TB license model, then you can deploy as many clients as
you wish.

regards,

Mark