ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fwd: [ADSM-L] Tangent: ESX, Linux, and Backups

2014-03-03 07:44:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fwd: [ADSM-L] Tangent: ESX, Linux, and Backups
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 06:42:27 -0600
I agree, these kinds of function are common. My concern was how to trigger them
when running in a virtual machine running Linux with no vendor support for that
configuration.

I was told over the weekend that Linux has a SigQuiesce signal that fires in
this situation. That at least points me in the right direction.

Sorry for the malformed and tangential question,
Nick