ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tangent: ESX, Linux, and Backups

2014-02-28 13:23:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tangent: ESX, Linux, and Backups
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 12:08:17 -0600
What B/A client? :-)

If I take my backups at the ESX level, I'm trying to do just an image
backup, driven by ESX, not using some client in the virtual machine.

So, I need Linux to catch the signal from ESX of an impending snapshot, and
I need a way for Linux to trigger those pre- and post- command scripts.
That is my goal.