ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Redundant Tape SAN

2014-02-26 09:47:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Redundant Tape SAN
From: Mike De Gasperis <mike.degasperis AT WOWWAY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:43:37 -0500
We utilize a redundant tape SAN at our main data centers with multiple host
site HBA ports. Using the Atape control and data path fail-over options we have
twelve device entries for each physical tape device. Works really well and this
is in an AIX/LPAR/VIO environment, we've virtualized the HBA ports and are
using NPIV. We have some scripts created that rename each rmt entry via chdev
to utilize the last four digits of the WWPN and the AIX fiber channel adapter
to make things easier to line up as well when defining drives in TSM.