ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Daily surge in use of LGTMPTSP table space

2014-02-21 14:54:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Daily surge in use of LGTMPTSP table space
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:53:42 -0500
About a month ago I reported a rapid rise in the use of the LGTMPTSP
table space on one of our Version 6 TSM servers. We have since discovered
a connection with client behavior. The surge in table space usage starts
when one of the Windows clients starts backing up its E drive, which
contains about 20 million files. About 15 minutes into the surge another
Windows client starts backing up a drive with about 5 million files. We
ended up adding about 16 GB of space to the file system used for the
LGTMPTSP table space. This has so far been sufficient to prevent any more
server crashes. The amount of additional space was chosen because we have
historically added database space in 16 GB increments; IBM declined to
offer any advice on estimating the amount of space we needed to add.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital