ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] trouble upgrading tsm server from 5.5.4 to 6.2.5

2014-02-11 08:51:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] trouble upgrading tsm server from 5.5.4 to 6.2.5
From: "Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:49:22 +0000
Original server is 5.5.4 running on suse linux sles9 as a guest under vm.
Destination server is 6.2.5 on hp 585 server under rhel 6.

Run the prepare db
And extract db commands.
Extract output goes to an nfs mounted file system on the target server.

Then, on target server do the dsmserv insert db

All appears to go well, the bytes written and read match, the records processed
match.

When I start the destination server, all device classes except for disk,
disappear.  Doing a select on the devclasses  table shows only disk.

When I then try to define the ts1120 (tape here) device class, I am told it is
already defined.

Also, the device config file has been corrupted with 8 bit characters.
I have not done a backup devconfig on the 6.2.5 server.

Where do we go from here?