ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] inquiries

2013-12-19 17:07:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] inquiries
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 23:05:48 +0100
Op 19 dec. 2013, om 22:09 heeft Cremator <cremator.lists AT GMAIL DOT COM> het
volgende geschreven:

> 1. Serverless backup - I have not heard of such a thing.

I have, but I don’t think there is working implementation. TSM does support
LAN-free data movement.

> 2. If you mean snapshot as the ability to backup open files, then it can be
> done.
> 3. TSM can and will use VSS provider.
> Per TB licensing is simple - maximum 2 TSM servers, no mixing of per TB and
> per PVU,

there are actually two or three TB license schemes.

One: max 2 servers and max. 100 TB, TSM for UR entry
Two: TSM for UR (the real deal for big sites)

there is also the TSM for UR ProtecTIER option and the archive option. See:
http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/tivostormanasuitforunifreco/

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post