ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] inquiries

2013-12-19 16:12:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] inquiries
From: Cremator <cremator.lists AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 23:09:47 +0200
1. Serverless backup - I have not heard of such a thing.
2. If you mean snapshot as the ability to backup open files, then it can be
done.
3. TSM can and will use VSS provider.
Per TB licensing is simple - maximum 2 TSM servers, no mixing of per TB and
per PVU,
you pay per TB for all of your primary storage pools, so it kind of force
you
to use deduplication and file pools for your primary storage pools.