ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3 update

2013-12-18 12:32:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] DSMADMC login slow on TSM 6.3 update
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:30:18 +0000
I was just going to add some notes here for folks with this similar problem:

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 21:47 -0500, Spearman, Wayne wrote:

> Hello,
> We have just installed TSM 6.3 on AIX 7. We are seeing a serious
> slowness when we login to TSM with DSMADMC on AIX. The ID prompt comes
> up fast enough but it takes anywhere from 6 to 30 seconds for the
> password prompt to display. Once in everything is fine. If I use the
> Windows DSMADMC to access the AIX TSM 6.3 server I do not see the
> problem, the password prompt displays immediately. If I run DSMADMC from
> our TSM 5.5 AIX server to access the TSM 6.3 Aix server the password
> prompt comes up immediately. Putting passing the ID/PW to DSMADMC does
> not help. My peers at other sites are not seeing this issue on their TSM
> 6.3 servers. This is killing my scripts. I've search ADSM.ORG, but did
> not find anything that helped. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
> to correct this problem?

What I found that would fix this issue on our AIX host on a P7 was documented
here:
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1IC80341

i.e.
*         make sure GSKit version 8.0.14.13 (or newer) is applied,then
*         export the following environment variables:
(gsk8capicmd_64 -version)

*            export ICC_IGNORE_FIPS=YES
*            export ICC_TRNG=ALT

I would probably add it to the Root's .profile and also add it to the TSM
servers instance's environment.
In my case, that was adding those 2 exports to the
/home/tsminst1/sqllib/userprofile .

Ben

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.
Blue Cross of Idaho, 3000 E. Pine Ave, Meridian, ID 83642

This Message Was Secured With The BCI PPS Email System