ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] sql2012 rights

2013-12-18 06:26:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] sql2012 rights
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:23:40 +0100
Hi all,

at my current customer we're now for the first time deploying TSM 6.4 for SQL
on a sql2012 on win2012r2. Until now we were just running the TSM for SQL as
local system without any problems. This doesn't appear to work any more on the
new deployment and the DBA is not eager (very much not eager!) to create a
service account for TSM with sysadmin rights on his database server.

So now the question, has anyone tried running TSM with a service account on SQL
2012 that has less rights than SYSADMIN? And if so, what were the results and
which rights did you grant to the service account?

--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl