ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] anyone familiar with Microsoft OneNote Package software

2013-12-17 15:43:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] anyone familiar with Microsoft OneNote Package software
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:40:58 -0500
Hi Jeannie,

A couple of thoughts:

1. Are there any entries in the TSM dsmsched.log or dsmerror.log files
indicating that the file was skipped, probably because it was in use? If
yes, then consider using the SNAPSHOTPROVIDERFS option to use VSS
(preferred) or LVSA (if XP) to leverage TSM's Open File Support (OFS)
capability.

2. Going out on a limb here, but if there is no error present and TSM is
not detecting it as changed, then this could occur if the application keeps
the file open and never flushes changes to disk (until the application is
closed, the system is rebooted, or some other event triggers the flush). In
this case, you could bind the file to a management class that has a backup
copy group MODE setting of ABSOLUTE, which means to back it up regardless
of whether TSM considers it changed.

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-12-17
15:22:36:

proprietary<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_format