ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Trouble with Linux numerical UID

2013-12-17 05:26:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Trouble with Linux numerical UID
From: Karl Rößmann <K.Roessmann AT FKF.MPG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:24:19 +0100
Hello,

I have some trouble with nuerical UIDs of files of a TSM Linux
client.
We replaced a fileserver, connected it the exisiting SAN Disks
and did the first incremental TSM Backup.

For some reason ldap was unconfigured and the ownership of all files
was updated in the TSM from account name to the numerical UID.

If I enter 'select * from backups'  I see that the owner in
TSM DB is the numerical number.
Then we configured the ldap and the 'ls -l' command tells me
the the owner is a Name and not the UID number.

I expected that the incremental Backups (re-)updates the OWNER of the files in
the TSM DB. But it doesn't. The OWNER is still a number.
And the users do not see their files, only root can see them.

TSM Server Linux/x86_64 - Version 6.2.4.0
Client:    Linux/x86_64 - Version 6.4.1.0

Any idea ?
--
Karl Rößmann                          Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF                 Fax. +49-711-689-1632