ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANR8944E and move data

2013-12-16 08:32:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANR8944E and move data
From: mik <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 05:30:09 -0800
Skylar Thompson

The MOVE DATA encountered a problem with either the tape, or the drive
itself. A couple things to try:

* Try marking DRIVE2 as offline (UPD DR <library> DRIVE2 ONL=N), and
then running the MOVE DATA again. This will force the operation to use a
different drive. If you get the same problem, then it points to a
problem with the tape, not the drive.

--> The drive 1 are already down.

* Try running an audit on the tape (AUDIT VOL A00015L3 F=Y) and watch
the activity log for problems

--> I try no error during this (maybe after that move data that should be
different

* If you do have a bad tape, you can use your copy pool to restore it
with RESTORE VOLUME.

--> 1 drive down and copypool down too

You might also check the logs on your library; some of them will give an
indication of whether the problem is media- or drive-related.

--> Just basic information no precision or else.

For Richard B same response

Thanks for the reply.

Regards, Mickael.