ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] domain.vmfull syntax for vm exclude

2013-11-28 10:18:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] domain.vmfull syntax for vm exclude
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:16:12 +0000
OK, this seems simple, so please call me an idjit if you point me to the
documentation.

I'm trying to exclude a VM that has a space in its name, and I'll be darned if
I can make it work:

-VM=VM1,VM2,"VM with space"

Excludes VM1 and VM2 but not the VM with spaces in its name.

-VM="VM1,VM2,'VM with space'"

Doesn't seem to work at all (they all get backed up)

I know I can get creative with wildcards, but that's not a safe method as the
VM admins can get creative with VM names and I may inadvertently exclude a VM I
want backed up.

What am I missing?

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)