ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tapepool to copypool and copypool to tapepool

2013-11-20 06:13:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tapepool to copypool and copypool to tapepool
From: Michael Roesch <michael.roesch AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:11:25 +0100
Hi Mickael,

I don't think that it will work the way you are planning to do the
recreation. If your desired result is to have all the data in the tapepool
on the new server (and a copy in a copy pool on that new server), then I
would suggest that you either user "export node toserver" to move the data
to the new server into the tapepool. That way, all the data from the
tapepool on the LTO3 tapes would be read and copied over to the new server
and you would have what you want: all the data in the tapepool on the new
server. After that, you can schedule "backup stg" jobs to the copypool on
the new server.
Or start over and start backing up the client data to the new TSM server
and keep the old one around for a while in case you need to restore data,
if you can.

Regards,
Michael