ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tapepool to copypool and copypool to tapepool

2013-11-20 03:37:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tapepool to copypool and copypool to tapepool
From: mik <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:35:46 -0800
Hi Michael,

Yes it's the only, for the move data we have create a new primary pool on a
hard drive with virtual band Wink we move the data like that

move data AXXXXXL3 stg=ECHANGE_BANDES reconst=yes --> to have a new LTO3
scratch.

After that we do mode data X:\TSM\ECHANGE_BANDE_VOLXXX stg=tapepool reconst=yes

For precision we have the old TSM server TS3200 LTO3 with his library (1 drive
are down call this server A) and we have a new TS3200 LTO6 and new server TSM
(call server B with his library)

We want to create a new copypool (on the server B LTO6) with the tapepool of
the server A (LTO3)
After we do that, we want to recreate the tapepool (on server B LTO6) with the
new copypool (Server B LTO6)

PS: i know LTO6 don't read LTO3 it's for that i posted here  [Wink]