ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tapepool to copypool and copypool to tapepool

2013-11-19 10:29:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tapepool to copypool and copypool to tapepool
From: Michael Roesch <michael.roesch AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:25:14 +0100
Hi Mickael,

is this "tapepool" a primary pool and is it the only storage pool that
contains your production data backup? Do you have another drive that is
capable of reading LTO3 tapes?
Otherwise I don't know how you could read data from the LTO3 tapes and move
anything anywhere. Because if the LTO3 tapes in the "tapepool" are the only
place where your data is stored, you have a problem IMHO.
As you can see here, LTO6 drives are not able to read LTO3 tapes:
http://www.tandbergdata.com/us/index.cfm/support/compatibility/tape-drive-media-compability-matrix/

Regards,
Michael