ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Can you abandon conventional NDMP backups for SnapVault?

2013-11-11 13:04:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Can you abandon conventional NDMP backups for SnapVault?
From: ritchi64 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:01:21 -0800
Hi Nora,

We also got windows share with million of files. We use snapdiff for daily
backup for a few years now and it work fine. We also do a regular TSM
incremental scan every month to make sure we have no orphans. Also, we keep a
week of daily snapshot on disk and do mostly all are restore from there.

The snapdiff backup is very quikc and we suffer the long TSM scan only once a
month!