ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] FTP proxy for Auto client deployment

2013-11-08 15:24:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] FTP proxy for Auto client deployment
From: Shawn DREW <shawn.drew AT US.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 20:20:12 +0000
The Auto Client Deployment function in the TSM Admin Center has the ability to
connect to the IBM ftp servers and automatically download client packages,
which assists managing large corporate environments.

Unfortunately, large corporate environments will also typically have a web
proxy in order to access the internet and sometimes authentication to access
the web proxy.
IBM support just told me there is no way to add proxy configuration for this
function
I have to imagine you just need to put in the proxy information in a config
file somewhere.

Does anyone know how this might be done?

(I know the workaround is to manually download the files and put them in the
right place)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.