ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Today's self-inflicted wound: IC90735

2013-11-06 11:53:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Today's self-inflicted wound: IC90735
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:53:11 -0600
After a few uneventful upgrades from 6.2 to 6.3 TSM servers in my most
recent TSM shop, my first such upgrade for my current client hit IC90735:
some clients using encryption don't correctly change to AES-128 and thus
are rejected for invalid passwords.

The APAR led to client changes, not server changes, and I for one don't
know how to determine ahead if time which clients are using encryption.

So, if you still have an upgrade to TSM 6.3 server (or 7.1?!?), here's one
more concern to note.

Off to bandage my feet,
Nick