ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VSS backup crashes TSM Schedule Service

2013-10-30 17:00:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] VSS backup crashes TSM Schedule Service
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:58:47 +0000
I've been thrown the responsibility to change the TSM Server IP address used by
some nodes after they've exported to a new TSM server.

In one case, (node Windows 2003 running TSM Client 6.2.3.00), the TSM Schedule
Service crashes if SYSTEMSTATE backup is attempted.

The opt file has SNAPSHOTPROVIDERFS VSS.

If I deselect SYSTEMSTATE in the client preferences, backup runs successfully
and the schedule service remains running.

The only change was to specify the IP address of the new TSM server
(6.3.3.100), and stop/start the scheduler.  Former TSM was as 5.5.2.0.

I've tried deleting the schedule service and re-creating; still crashes.

This is new to me, any hints from the community of experts?
Thanks.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
STE 751-S
910 SW Jackson
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.