ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving from TSMV5 to V6 / question on DIRMC

2013-10-30 08:51:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving from TSMV5 to V6 / question on DIRMC
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:49:34 +0100
Hello Nick,

thanks for your answer - because of the 2 stage  storagepool there I  was
missing the devclas definitions ( iadd here
at the bottom)
So the primary pool is a random-access-  StoragePool with a device class of
disk so far to be accessed by lots of
simultanous sessions and really not quite large - 2 Volumes with together 10 GB
is quite enough for a small/medium
server. The final destination of the 'dir-data' is via migrating from the
disk-pool into a storage-pool
with  a device class of file. Why I was using this was because of the effect
that at least with the TSMV5 Version it
soon takes too much time to make a copy-operation of such a disk-pool - it
simply took
enourmous time to have the 'backup stg -Process' being traversed through such a
thing.
It may be that the sequential accessed media for such data is better in the
performance but I haven' measured this.
At least I could not not see
So it works much better with the file-volumes in the end , but the dirmc itself
needs to point to the diskdirs-pool
to handle a lot of sessions for lots of simultanous incoming data.
The reason using the DATAFormat=nonblock format was because of an older
ibm-V5-setup preferences cookbook
... which I cannot find anymore... It still works without problem - but
possibly this 'DATAFormat=nonblock' is no
more suitable/needed at TSM V6  ?

Rainer

define STG DISKDIRS DISK hi=60 lo=20 nextstg=filedirs
DEFINE DEVCLASS FILEDIR DEVTYPE=FILE FORMAT=DRIVE MAXCAPACITY=1000M
MOUNTLIMIT=200 DIRECTORY=/filedir SHARED=NO
define stg filedirs FILEDIR maxscr=0 reused=3 hi=100 lo=30 COLlocate=group
reclaim=100 DATAFormat=nonblock