ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM Support Portal Search

2013-10-29 19:30:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM Support Portal Search
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 23:28:10 +0000
Sergio,
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds this incredibly annoying.
It's a bogus message - any time you do a complex search (i.e., more than 2
keywords) the search times out and you get the "search temporarily unavailable"
message.
Do a simpler search, it will work.  (Not that you get what you need, of course.)

Actually there IS a way to contact the portal administrator.  You'll just be
sorry if you do, it's a waste of time.
I did, and complained about the problem.
Got back the response "there isn't any problem, it's up".
(Well, yeah, depending on what you search for.)

So I explained the problem again, told them I would send a screen shot of the
message.
They told me "we can't accept a screen shot, send it to this address
instead......xxxxxxx".
I sent it to that address, they told me "we don't support that site".
And so it continued downhill.

What we need is a name.
Of a human.
Next year at PULSE, would someone please track down a human who has some
responsibility for customer service and post it back here?
We need to be able to take these complaints somewhere rather than an anonymous
link with no accountability.

Thanks
Wanda