ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] FilesNotToBackup Error

2013-10-29 16:24:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] FilesNotToBackup Error
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:18:54 -0400
Hi Andy,

If you haven't resolved this one yet (and I've never seen this peculiar
case before), I suggest:

1. Configure the client for a SERVICE trace by adding these options to the
dsm.opt file:

   traceflags service
   tracefile ans1009w.trace

2. Recreate the problem with the scheduler or command line client (dsmc).
If you use the CLI, redirect output to a file.

3. Remove the options added in step 1.

4. Run this command:

   dsmc query systeminfo

which will create a file named dsminfo.txt (you can delete the
dsmmsinfo.txt file that is also created).

4. Open a PMR and submit the resulting trace file, the dsminfo.txt file,
dsmerror.log and either dsmsched.log or the redirected output file
(depending on which method you used to recreate the problem).

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2013-10-25
11:43:16: