ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question about Exchange environment with seperate Exchange archiving server

2013-10-25 13:20:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question about Exchange environment with seperate Exchange archiving server
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:18:02 -0400
Hi Stefan,

You can still back up and restore entire databases, but you will
not be able to recover individual mailboxes or items from the
archive mailboxes using the "Mailbox Restore" or
"Mailbox Restore Browser" functions.

If you are interested in the latter piece, please contact your
IBM/Tivoli rep to sign up for a future beta.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/25/2013
09:56:15 AM:

> From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 10/25/2013 10:15 AM
> Subject: Re: Question about Exchange environment with seperate
> Exchange archiving server
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Hi Del,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> Can you tell me if it is possible to restore the mailstore?
> Or can this release do nothing on a server like that at the moment?
>
> Regards,
>   Stefan
>

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Del Hoobler <hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Stefan,
> >
> > I think you are referring to Exchange Server 2013 archive mailboxes.
> > If so, that is something that will require additional work
> > to Data Protection for Exchange and FlashCopy Manager.
> > This is something that we are aware of and are looking
> > at it as requirement for a future release.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Del

> > "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/25/2013
> > 05:50:44 AM:
> >
> > > From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> > > To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> > > Date: 10/25/2013 05:51 AM
> > > Subject: Question about Exchange environment with seperate Exchange
> > > archiving server
> > > Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > We are looking at implementing the TSM for Mail software on a
Exchange