ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question about Exchange environment with seperate Exchange archiving server

2013-10-25 05:52:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question about Exchange environment with seperate Exchange archiving server
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:50:44 +0200
Hi all,

We are looking at implementing the TSM for Mail software on a Exchange
archiving server and we are wondering what the functionality in this setup
will be.

When I backup the databases on this archiving server will I be able to
restore them and will I have item level recovery as an option for data in
the archive environment on the archiving server?
Any special actions or config needed?
can't find anything in the documentation about archiving servers in this
regard.

Running Exchange 2012, DAG cluster with seperate archiving node outside of
the DAG cluster (probably normal, I don't know that much about Exchange).

Regards,
   Stefan