ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up Windows scheduled tasks in 2003 & 2008

2013-10-23 16:57:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up Windows scheduled tasks in 2003 & 2008
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal5 AT FRONTIER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:55:25 -0700
Hi, Steven.  There are some drawbacks to backing up the *.job files from
the c:\windows\tasks directory, especially with regard to passwords, but
necessary, you should be able to back up those *.job files by using a
prescheduled command to copy the *.job files from the c:\windows\tasks
directory to some other directory that you can back up, say,
q:\important\tasks.  Your backup job can then pick them up from there.

Alternatively, you might consider using a batch file containing schtasks
commands to redefine your tasks whenever you need to.  This way you can
store your passwords in the task definition.