ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP & B/A Client Mix & Match

2013-10-15 14:13:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP & B/A Client Mix & Match
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:11:28 -0400
Hi Nick,

The DP clients (aka "TDPs") typically document the lowest version
of the TSM API/BA client that a particular version requires.
You should be able to upgrade and use any later version of
the TSM API/BA client.
If you are finding something contrary to that in reality, report it to
IBM.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/15/2013
01:36:20 PM:

> From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 10/15/2013 01:37 PM
> Subject: TDP & B/A Client Mix & Match
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Does IBM publish a matrix or a series of matrices that show which fix
packs
> of TDPs and similar clients work with which levels of basic TSM
> backup-archive client?
>
> My simplest question is about which Tivoli Data Protection for SQL
Server