ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager/Client compatibility problem

2013-10-12 05:58:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager/Client compatibility problem
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 20:57:32 +1100
Hi Andy

Thanks for the response.

The database is 125GB and 95% used.  The conversion would need 25 hours by
itself, plus time to drain diskpools, run DB backups, etc etc. That would
mean a whole weekend outage and I'm too chicken to go there :)  "failed"
changes are a hot button with management so I don't want to have to go
through the rigmarole of getting such an extended outage approved only to
have it not succeed and have to ask again.

Also Markus thanks for the report, I did reply but it bounced as I sent it
from the wrong email account,

The TS3500s are already shared multiple ways, and number of drives will be
an issue.  Dynamic movement of drives between logical libraries has not
been as convenient as I had hoped so that us not really an option.  Of
course there is never enough money ....

Regards

Steve.