ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Win2008 with UAC and backing up files that really didn't change... kind'a

2013-10-11 11:16:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Win2008 with UAC and backing up files that really didn't change... kind'a
From: "Huebner, Andy" <andy.huebner AT ALCON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:13:42 +0000
I am going to stick with UAC is the not the issue, if it were to insert your ID
into millions of files as you describe then you could end up waiting hours for
the it to complete, then it would have to remove your ID when you leave.  What
it is really doing is elevating you from User to Administrator and presenting
the Yes/No prompt on a different desktop to prevent malware from elevating
itself.

What you might try is using icacls to dump the security of a sample, then when
you see the large backup occur again dump and compare.

Do you also have AMD Admins?

Andy Huebner