ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool

2013-10-10 11:49:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT IU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:47:18 -0400
I can't offer many details on this, because the mists of time have descended,
but I had an issue similar to this when I was moving all data off a file-based,
deduplicated pool to a VTL-based pool. After all the data had apparently been
moved to the VTL there were still volumes left with something on them.  I
opened a support case. TSM Support was able to confirm they were not data when
I gave them the output of some select statements against DB2 tables that they
provided. In the end, Support and I concluded that the remaining files on the
File pool were orphan chunks from the deduplication process. After that I
deleted the volumes because I need the LDEVs back for another purpose.

Best wishes,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University