ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool

2013-10-09 13:28:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move data to another storage pool
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT BILOHOLDINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 17:26:42 +0000
Tristen,
Why not just configure the original storage pool to use the new storage pool as
it's "next storage pool", then migrate the data rather than performing a "move
data" on all the volumes?

For example:
1.Create the new storage pool
2. configure your backup copy groups the original stg pool to use the new stg
pool.
2. update the old storage pool to use the new storage pool as it's "next
storage pool". (update stg <old_stg_pool_name> next=<new_stg_pool_name>)
3. migrate all data from the old to new storage pool. (upd stg
<old_stg_pool_name> lowmig=0)
4. once all data has migrated delete the old storage pool

You may also need to update your maintenance script and any admin schedules
that perform system maintenance such as backup storage pool, reclaims, etc.

-Rick Adamson