ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] [ANNOUNCE] Online PDF generator for LTO Ultrium barcode tape labels

2013-10-07 03:46:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] [ANNOUNCE] Online PDF generator for LTO Ultrium barcode tape labels
From: Jerome Alet <alet AT LIBRELOGICIEL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:43:22 +0200
Hi there,

Since the beginning of 2008 many of you have been using my Free online
PDF generator for LTO Ultrium barcode tape labels, which is now
available from :

    http://www.mytapelabels.com/

Since mid-April of 2013, my generator is not Free anymore, but works
based on a yearly subscription basis : you choose a subscription level
based on the number of labels you need to generate per year. In
exchange of your subscription, which can be cancelled at any time, you
receive an API key that can be used on the website above or in the two
manners described below :

Compared to the Free version, the new version comes in two additional
forms, in order to please our advanced users :

  * A command line tool, licensed under the terms of the GNU General
    Public License of the Free Software Foundation and written in the
    Python language.

  * An entirely documented XML-RPC API, useable from any programming
    language which suppports this protocol (probably most).

Both of these can be downloaded from :

    http://api.mytapelabels.com/

Until a few minutes ago, only the command line tool or the XML-RPC API
allowed one to generate labels which were not in an increasing
sequence, or to generate diagnostic labels, or even to skip
"already-peeled-off" labels when printing (to save on costly paper).

I'm very pleased to announce you that the website functionnalities are
now on-par with both the command line tool and the XML-RPC API : the
website now allows you to upload plain text files containing one label
per line, allowing you to use features that were reserved to advanced
users only.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Jerome Alet