ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] snapmirror2tape

2013-10-01 08:14:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] snapmirror2tape
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:12:09 +0200
Hi All,

after your great help last week (thanks!) I have a new challenge.

My customer decided to switch from NDMP full backups to snapmirror. This better
suits his usage, since the backup is indeed only for disaster recovery. Now,
the sm2t works quite OK, but he noticed that TSM is not expiring the old full
backup. They have the retention setting 'vere 1' and 'reto 0, rete 0, verd 0'
so one would expect to find only the last snapmirror backup and not also the
previous full ndmp dump. How can we delete or expire the NDMP full backup?

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl