ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DAG node for Exchange backup

2013-09-25 09:02:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DAG node for Exchange backup
From: Jeanne Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:15:45 +0000
Hello.  We have 2 Exchange servers as well.
But I only did 2 proxies, one for each, where the Target node is the TDP name
and the Agent Node is the BA name.

We have 3 schedules.
One schedules backups both Exchange servers as normal b/a.
One schedule backups whatever DB's are passive, which kicks off the excincr.cmd
on one exchange server.
One schedule backups whatever DB's are passive, which kicks off the excincr.cmd
on the other exchange server.

The commands we use in the excincr.cmd are:
Tdpexcc backup * incr /EXCLUDEDAGACTIVE /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt
Tdpexcc backup * full /EXCLUDEDAGACTIVE /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt   (on Fridays)

On each server, we have 2 .opt files.  One for the normal b/a nodes and one for
the TDP DB backup nodes.

These links helped me:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/topic/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.msgs.doc/b_msgs_exc.pdf

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/topic/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/b_dp_mail_exc_guide_win.pdf