ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DAG node for Exchange backup

2013-09-25 03:58:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] DAG node for Exchange backup
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:56:16 +0000
Hello

My new project in our Exchange environment backup is to use the DAG node backup.

For now I have 2 Exchange servers 2010  ExchsrvA and ExchsrvB , I made all the
upgrade version of TSM for both of them as:

Tsm Client 6.4.1
Tsm Langree 6.3.4
Tsm Server 6.3.4
TDP for Exchange 6.4.1

When on each of them I have Active and Passive database (from each of them vice
versa)

For now I have for each server 2 sets of nodes:

Ø  ExchsrvA = Local Node   ExchsrvAN_DB=TDP node

Ø  ExchsrvB = Local Node   ExchsrvAB_DB=TDP node

Run  scheduler for ExchsrvA and scheduler for ExchsrvB and have two filesystems
( A and B )

I read the Redbook but need more information , here the process I need to do:

Ø  Reg node DAGEXCHANGE  password domain=XXXX pasexp=9999

Ø  Grant proxynode target=DAGEXCHANGE agent=ExchsrvA

Ø  Grant proxynode target=DAGEXCHANGE agent=ExchsrvAN_DB

Ø  Grant proxynode target=DAGEXCHANGE agent=ExchsrvB

Ø  Grant proxynode target=DAGEXCHANGE agent=ExchsrvBN_DB

I need to run this command :     TDPEXCC set dagnode=DAGEXCHANGE    (on both
exchange servers  -  correct ?  and did this command update the tdpexc.cfg
file  ? )

Now some questions:

Ø  In which opt files I need to put the dagnode name (DAGEXCHANGE) ,  only in
TDPEXCHANGE opt’s (both servers) instead the original nodes  (ExchsrvAN_DB
ExchsrvBN_DB)

Ø  What about the schedulers , for now I have one for each server ? I think no
changes because the local client (ExchsrvA, ExhsrvB) are triggering the backup
command.

Ø  Did I need to add on  the backup command for each server:
/minimumbackupinterval=60

Any others tips will be welcome …

Best Regards

Robert