ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How do you backup Active Directory 2008

2013-09-19 08:07:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How do you backup Active Directory 2008
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:05:20 -0400
In theory, AD gets backed up with "System State."

A Microsoft-supported method would probably take a hybrid approach, using
their tool to create the files, and then back the files up to TSM.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754472(v=ws.10).aspx

You may also consider using Cristie's
TBMR<http://www.cristie.com/products/tbmr/>(just as an example) to
take an image using VSS (Windows
Volume Shadow copy Service <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy>) to
create the snapshot, since AD (through System State) has a VSS writer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384675(v=vs.85).aspx

Mike

Best regards,

Mike