ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows Clients and Non-Supported OS Levels

2013-09-16 14:00:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows Clients and Non-Supported OS Levels
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:58:27 -0400
That is pretty much what I did.  This was my response to them:

*Like I said, any client 6.4.0.1 and higher WILL NOT install on a W2K3 box!
 You are stuck/screwed. Your choices are:*
*
*
*1.  Upgrade the OS to 2008+*
*2.  Replace (uninstall/reinstall) client with highest supported client
(6.3.1.2) - requires complete/full/start-all-over-again backup (delete
existing backups) since you can't downlevel the client*
*3.  Live with it!*
*
*
However, unless I missed something, I don't think the APAR blocks install
on W2K3 until 6.4.1.  On this page (
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21608346),  IC89603 is
listed under "*Interim fix 6.4.0.1 - Available January 31, 2013*" yet I
have two installed 6.4.0.11 clients on W2K3 servers/systems.