ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB2 backup defaults?

2013-09-11 09:22:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB2 backup defaults?
From: Gopikrishna Muppidi <gopi.tsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:20:20 +0200
Hello ,

For DB2 backups for any systems via TSM,the below mentioned environment
variables has to be define on the db2 level,then only backup to tsm will be
possible,see the below example.

<host>:db2sap 10> db2 get db cfg for sap|grep -i tsm
 First log archive method                 (LOGARCHMETH1) =
TSM:DB2_STD_ARCHIVE1
 Second log archive method                (LOGARCHMETH2) =
TSM:DB2_STD_ARCHIVE2
 TSM management class                    (TSM_MGMTCLASS) = DB2_STD_ONLINE
 TSM node name                            (TSM_NODENAME) =
 TSM owner                                   (TSM_OWNER) =
 TSM password                             (TSM_PASSWORD) =

hostname:db2sap 11> env|grep -i dsm
DSMI_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64
DSMI_LOG=/db2/db2sap/errors
DSMI_CONFIG=/db2/db2sap/sqllib/adsm/dsm_<host>-SAP.opt
DSM_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
DSM_CONFIG=/db2/db2sap/sqllib/adsm/dsm_<host>-SAP.opt
DSM_LOG=/db2/db2sap/errors

host name:db2pbg 12> env|grep -i tsm
DSMI_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64
DSM_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
hostname:db2sap 13>

Thank you!