ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB2 backup defaults?

2013-09-10 17:56:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB2 backup defaults?
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:53:20 +0000
All the doc for backing up DB2 with TSM says to set the DSMI* variables. But
what if they're not set? Do they default? I'm looking at a DB2 system that is
apparently backing up, but I don't see those variables set anywhere (even in a
DB2 GET DB CFG listing; the TSM variables are all blank); "set" and "env" never
show them, for root or the DB2 user. On top of that, the ERP piece seems to be
installed, but I don't see any profile or utl file that should be configured
for that.

Every night a cron job fires off a "db2 backup db using tsm" and darned if it
doesn't work. Am I missing something?

Steve "Confused" Stackwick

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)